Blogging About Critters Since 2007

Monday, June 15, 2009

Whale Wars is Quite the Hit

We'll be watching episode 2 (season 1) of Whale Wars tonight. As I am sure many of you know, it's already on to Season 2. I was kind of wondering how that makes Greenpeace feel (and I say that as someone who thinks they do a lot of good things).

I would bet they aren't happy. Here is Paul Watson with his own show just like American Chopper or Mythbusters getting all the publicity he could ever want. All courtesy of Discovery Communications. I searched for Sea Shepherd on Twitter. I get words like "Awesome" "Gangsta" etc. I look for Greenpeace, and I get mundane tweets about meetings and a bunch of stuff in Spanish (maybe they're saying they're awesome, I don't know).

Again, this is not to belittle what Greenpeace does. They work on whaling issues, rain forests, and a host of other good causes. But Sea Shepherd wins in the coolness factor. I suppose that seems shallow, but image and marketing work.

Anyways, you can read about the show here (started on June 5th)
.

No comments:

blog stats