Blogging About Critters Since 2007

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Vegetarians Making Inroads

I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian (I still eat eggs and dairy.) Most of my friends and family are meat eaters, although some do draw the line at veal and lamb (only some). But what I find heartening is the slow change in society to include people who don't eat meat.

Just in the past week, I had a veggie burger at Burger King. And today I was at a wedding that had vegetarian burgers. Of course, it's still a meat-eating world, but I think that just being a vegetarian and asking for alternatives is having an impact. It is raising awareness that there are alternatives, even if people may not agree with them.

Change has to start somewhere. The constant question though is whether humans and animals have run out of time for the change to be complete.

No comments:

blog stats