Blogging About Critters Since 2007

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Michael Vick Releases Statement on Dogfighting Charges

From Vick Attorney Billy Martin:

Today Michael Vick entered a plea of not guilty and asserted his innocence to the charges in the indictment.

As we prepare for trial, we'd like to remind the public that these are only allegations, not facts. This case will be tried in the courts, not the media.

We are conducting our own investigation into these allegations and look forward to clearing Michael's name and vindicating him of these charges.

Mike has asked me to read this statement on his behalf:

'Today in court, I pleaded innocent to the allegations made against me. I take these charges very seriously and look forward to clearing my name. I respectfully ask you all to hold your judgment until all the facts are shown. Above all, I'm sorry my mom has to go through this most trying time and the pain it has caused my family. I also want to apologize to my Falcon teammates for not being with them today at the beginning of training. There is nowhere I'd rather be today than in camp with my team.'"

Michael Vick's legal defense team consists of Billy Martin of Washington, D.C.; Daniel Meachum of Atlanta, GA; Lawrence Woodward Jr. and Tom Shuttleworth of Virginia Beach, VA; and James D. Williams of Durham, NC. Michael Vick

No comments:

blog stats