Blogging About Critters Since 2007

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Is the RSPCA Weak on People Skills?

According to this article in the Times, they're not very good at dealing with potential animal adopters.
The lady looked up at me sourly. “You're ten minutes too late”. They said it would be OK, I pleaded; ten past three - I did ring to check. You see, it's quite hard to find the time and I don't know when...

“3pm”, she said sharply. “There's no one available to speak to you now.”

I looked at the bevy of staff loitering around behind the desk, doing nothing much. One woman caught my eye sympathetically. “You can have a quick look round”, Ms Timetable said. “Then come back another time.”

And then what? “Then you fill in a form.” Could I do that now?

“No, because there's no one available to interview you.”
Yikes.

No comments:

blog stats