Blogging About Critters Since 2007

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Baby Tiger Victim of Wildlife Trade

Sometimes I'm just embarrassed to be human...

From EcoWorldly...

...the frozen carcass of a baby tiger was found in the trunk of a taxi cab on its way to a buyer in Hanoi.

It was reported that two men were arrested for attempting to transport the baby tiger carcass - along with the bones of at least two tigers - and that the “case showed the possibility of larger-scale tiger trafficking in the country.” The baby tiger was between four and five months old.

1 comment:

Bea Elliott said...

Because I'm so new to animal rights (and wrongs) - hardly a week goes by that I don't learn of some new atrocity we do to animals.

Well, I knew about the wildlife trade... and about tiger farms - but I followed the links to the story anyway and wound up here:
http://www.awionline.org/ht/d/ContentDetails/id/1999/pid/2497

Again... I never knew. And I agree: Our species really sucks. :(

blog stats