Blogging About Critters Since 2007

Monday, January 26, 2009

Gordon Ramsey's Food Empire in Trouble

Before I start, let me make it clear that I watch the British version of Kitchen Nightmares and I really enjoy it. I did NOT like Gordon Ramsey in the American show Hell's Kitchen, but in the BBC show, he actually comes across as a human being who sometimes cares about people and has a real love of food.

But, Gordon Ramsey disdains vegetarians, and that puts him on my hit list.

So, it was with great interest that I saw that his empire of "everything dead on the plate" is in a bit of trouble. Most of it is economic and, of course, part of it is due to the absurd number of affairs he appears to have had.

So I guess no one is perfect. Even vegetarian-hating super chefs.

2 comments:

Mikey said...

I too dislike Ramsey's management style. I am in the profession, and although I have a level of disdain for him, I do respect his talent. he has alot of good ideas, but having worked for some maniacs, I definitely can say that those can be deplorable circumstances to work under. You can get a lot more bees with honey than salt. I do respect his Kitchen Nightmares series and what he does to wake up some owners asleep at the wheel. To find his company in not so good condition is not a surprise. You cant profess a passion for food like that and not be hands on, and the multitude of restaurants he has prevent that. Somehow, he has sold his soul. He might be better off selling the assets and focusing on just ONE restaurant. So goes the adage, do one thing and do it really well. Take the hint Gordon.

Anonymous said...

If more vegetarians would stand up for babies being slaughtered in the womb, ya might get some credibility. If you are going to fight for animals.. ya better fight for the unborn.
or shut up.

blog stats