A local distributor of a popular brand of dog food said Monday it had suspended sales of the product following reports that dogs who ate it had died from aflatoxin poisoning.
A customer service manager at Shanghai Yidi Pet Co. said the company stopped selling Optima brand dog food last week and notified its customers not to feed it to their pets after receiving complaints that dogs became sick after eating it.
"It's upsetting to see so many dogs getting sick from the food. There must be some serious problems," said Gu, who gave only his last name as is common with many media-shy Chinese.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Chinese Dogs Die From Imported Food
The food in question is from Australia.