Blogging About Critters Since 2007

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Mmmm Brains! Just Don't Inhale Them

Sorry, this is just too disgusting. Workers at a slaughterhouse in Minnesota have developed chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy, or CIDP, a rare immune disorder that attacks the nerves and produces tingling, numbness and weakness in the arms and legs. The cause, they believe is inhaling pig brain matter caused from blasting pig brains out of the skull with compressed air.

Why, you may ask, would they want to get the pig brains out? Well, people eat them. I guess it's a Northern European thing, but I suspect there may be other places that eat them.

Here's a person that likes them
.

I'm not trying to gross people out (well, maybe a little bit with that nasty picture). The reason I post this is because I think it's important to look at how our food can be linked to illnesses (especially things like mad cow disease).

Photo by Barrio Dude

No comments:

blog stats